Sunday 11 September 2011

B's Blog is Back


Hi Everyone!

So it’s been months since my first blog post and so much has happened in this time. My apologies for being so quiet, I’ll make up for it... somehow.

Let’s give you a quick update: I’ve seen a man being healed from 15 years of suffering from a stomach illness. I’ve experienced physical healing myself.  I’ve seen how 3 people get jobs and some against all odds within only days of praying. I’ve seen how people give their lives to God and how God can change it. I’ve seen miracles and experienced them myself.

Even in my life I’ve seen God work every day and He truly blessed me with so much, I can only praise His Holy Name!

It’s been almost a year since I started walking with God, learning, growing and experiencing His love and now He has even greater plans for me. I moved to Pretoria at the end of August and I would not have been here if it wasn’t for God’s plan. I tried to fight it, but He very clearly said to me that He wanted me to come to the capitol. In fact, He took control and changed my circumstances in a way that I had no other choice.

I am not yet 100% sure exactly what God has in store for me over here, but one thing I’m certain of is that for the next few months He wants me to get to know Him even better. He wants to spend time with me, alone.

It’s very exciting for me as I know that I’ll get to know Jesus on a very intimate level. I really want to know 
God, I want to know His heart and I believe that He will be using this time to prepare me for something bigger.

I have many ideas on how I’d like to serve Him, but for now I am just waiting on Him to show me the way forward. I know one thing though, there is never a better time than “now” to spread His Word and sharing my experiences and testimonies with the world... hence this blog update.

Something to think about

God showed me some things this weekend. Some of it very disturbing and some very scary, but also some positive things.

Let’s start with the bad news.

Now I don’t ever want to be negative, so I don’t really like telling you this, but God showed it to me and I think it’s important to have a little reality check sometimes. I know it’s nothing new, you read it in the papers and you see it on TV every day, but this world is shattered. Evil rules it and no one seems to care. I don’t even have to tell you about the wars, the hate, the greed and the sinful practices of this world. Today is the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 WTC attacks. 10 years and we cannot see any improvement. It was a huge shock for every single person who saw it on the news that day, but still, we continue in our wicked ways. We ask the question: ”Where was God?”, as if it’s His fault, yet we do not allow Him into our lives. We want Him to be “on call” in times of emergencies, but when the tragedy has passed, we go on with our lives and forget about God.

Here is the awkward reality. God is not your “emergency service”. God is not your slave who needs to jump into action as soon as you need Him. No. No. No!! Yet we treat Him that way.

God doesn’t need to do anything. He is God...

And what a great and wonderful God He is...

God also showed me something very positive. He showed me that despite everything going on in this world. Despite all the hate and fear and the evil in this world, He is still there for His children. Let’s call a spade a spade... the way things is going in this world, we’re all going to hell. A scary thought and something I don’t think we all realise.

But God said to me that we do not have to be afraid. We do not have to fear anything that’s from this world, but we need to seek Him.

We need to shift our focus from ourselves to Him. We need to seek His will. We need to stop thinking of what I want. What’s best for me, what’s my needs or my desires.. we need to ask: What does God want? What is His desire? What is His will and how can I best serve Him.

When we realize that this life’s purpose is not about us, but about God’s will something amazing happens. When we open the door for Him, He steps right in and changes things.
That’s the time when He heals, when He saves and when He revives.. better than any emergency service. His mere presence in your life will change everything for good.. and it will be great.

Something very specific that God showed me is the way He wants us to interact with Him and it’s all through prayer. Prayer is our most powerful weapon against any evil from this world and prayer can be used for many things. Yes, you may ask God for a lot of things through prayer and He will give it to you when and how He sees fit, but you also need to connect with Him through prayer. Praise Him and thank Him. We are so used to just praying when we need something.. especially in “emergencies”. But do we spend time with God just trying to get to know Him better?

Do we just ask favors from Him or do we really want to know the Person who is God?

I challenge you, as I also challenge myself(because I’m also a sinner), to try and pray at least one prayer every day in this week, where you do not ask God for anything, but to help you to get to know Him better and also tell Him things about yourself. Your deepest fears, your darkest secrets. Things you are ashamed of. Anything that you could never tell anyone else. Also tell Him about your weaknesses. The things you hate about yourself. Tell him about the people in your life that you hate. Tell Him about everything that’s wrong in your life. Tell Him. Open your life to Him and see what happens. I suggest doing this behind a locked door. Yes you might think He knows it already, but tell Him. Open up your heart to Him and He will open His heart to you. Spend some private time with God. Just you and God.

He wants a relationship with you, what an honor and privilege. Don’t you what to know the God who created the universe... and you?

No comments:

Post a Comment